Friday, July 8, 2011

Is the rest really unwritten?

Do you read your horoscope on a daily basis? or how about going to visit these people that read the cards, or your palms, and can predict your future?

I wonder if the future is ever really "written". Some people call it coincidence and others call it destiny. Then how do we know wether or not we can change our future? and if our future is really written, then there is not some much need that we continuously try to influence it.

The reason why I wonder is because I find myself at a crossroads facing an important decision, and it is so hard to determine what the best option is - and it is at these times when I wish I could see through a crystal bowl what my future holds. However, whenever something does not go the way I planned, I tell myself that God has a plan, or that this is destiny or is happening for a reason.

I do believe that things happen for a reason, but how do we learn what the reason is/was? and how do we know that the "other" decision we could have taken, would have led us to a different series of events. I guess we just live content with the decision we make, no turning back. But how about before we make that decision, what happens then?

And then, to what extent can we influence our future? some will say that we write our own book, and every day is a new page, and we have to think positively for our goals to come true. That we need to follow that dream that leads our lives. But other times hear "You are supposed to become a Doctor, it's written."

And what happens when you don't know what your dream is? what happens to your book then?

I guess today I did not have 1000 things to tell you, but 1000 things to ask you.

-D

1 comment:

  1. Tough one. I've wondered if we are even conscious of our decisions when we make them. You can't really tell if at the precise moment you make a decision is in fact at that precise moment or if it was in another time or even in another realm of reality. You can say that the fact that we shape our future is based by each action we take but I wonder if we are taking those decisions because of what are future has already been shaped to be like.... I like to believe in a timeless god, he is omnipresent. I don't have the answers to this but I do take comfort believing in that our ultimate destiny is a full connection with god/life/the source. How, I don't know and I like it that way.It gives my life meaning not knowing whats in store. It's like opening a present every moment.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts - That way it won't just be a monologue :)