Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Is it really Society? or plain old Mother Nature?


I wonder if society truly dictates when and where should we live, eat, reproduce and even die. Or is it truly just human nature to go through these stages within certain timeframes. 

I used to tell myself that society is the one that dictates that we should get married in our 20's. And because we all like some sense of ownership of our own destiny, we can say "screw society." However, if we are supposed to have children by early 30's, (given that mother nature will charge more if we do it at a later age) then we have to rush into finding a partner earlier than that. And if we want to enjoy our marriage at least a couple of years, then we are saying that by 28-29 we should start getting married, and a year to plan the wedding, means that you should be engaged by 27, with at least a year into the relationship, means you have to start dating at 26. The latest. I turn 26 in three months. No pressure. Smile, I am sure I will be thinking differently tomorrow :)

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts - That way it won't just be a monologue :)